What is Design-Build construction?
Simply stated, Design-Build is a standard of project delivery in which one entity works under a single contract with a project owner, to provide design and construction services. This provides a unified work from concept through completion. Design-Build has become a significant trend in design and construction in the U.S. over the last 15 years due to its ability to streamline the process.
Design-Build offers multiple advantages including the following:
- Faster Delivery — work is completed faster with fewer problems due to the collaborative nature.
- Cost Savings — integration provides for better efficiency and innovation.
- Better Quality — design-builders meet performance needs, many times developing innovations and delivering better projects.
- Singular Responsibility — one entity is accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
- Decreased Administrative Burden — owners can focus on the project rather than managing multiple contracts.
- Reduced Risk — the design-build team assumes additional risk.